Planted 29 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAGlocker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I got rid of all of my tanks earlier this week and late last week except for the 29 gal planted I was working on. Bought a digital camera with the money and of course christmas for my daughter. Decided I would try to put a pic of the tank on here, even if it is still in the early stages of being set up. So far it is only lightly planted, pool sand as a substrate, with root tabs. Diy co2 in the tank, run into the intake of a hot magnum, keeping right at 20 to 25ppm of co2, dosing ferts on monday wenesday and friday, 130 watts of cf light over the tank. plants are growing good, but still a work in progress

Attachments

• tank1-1.jpg
    tank1-1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 218
It'll be fun to watch things grow. My only 2 cents is, with 130watts over a 29gal, make sure your CO2 levels never dip below 20ppm, and I wouldn't worry if you got them up in the 30-35ppm range either.

That's a lotta light to play with, but entirely manageble if CO2 and nutrients stay consistent.

Yeah I know thats alota light on that tank, but figured if I was getting rid of the tanks, I could keep what I want on it. Just put that light on there, along with a rena filstar xp1 in addition to the hot magnum that I use as a diffuser. seems like a lot of water movement but i have the xp1 cranked down to minimum, and the magnum is full of floss and bio rings and doesnt have a whole lot of water movement out of it. just now running the one bottle and keeping around 25 or so ppm of co2, could always start the other bottle up and let it run at the same time, might do that depending on how well the plants grow with this light and the fert schedule i run. also may increase my ferts. to every day, instead of three times a week.

Thanks, added three new plants today, two vals and a chain sword. Got em from a friend of mine who ordered too much from online, so passed em on to me. so its getting filled out, now just to get it to grow wild so I can start trimming away lol. had a little pearling today out of the crispus. that was nice to see, means im doing something right at least. finally got the uv sterlizer hooked up to the xp1, so other than adding in some plants, this tank is probably as set up as its going to get.

Looks real good, LAG. I'm enjoying the pool filter sand right now too, cheapest substrate ever! I'd only suggest one thing: MORE PLANTS!! Gotta get that nutrient uptake rate going, otherwise you-know-who is gonna show up! GL~

lol just added some plants today actually. two java ferns, two more bunches of bacopa, a bunch of scarlet temple and a compacta sword. so untill I start trimming and replanting, im done. will try to take a new pic later this week to update it.

Back
Top Bottom