Planted 29 Gallon 2 month update =]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmenehan2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Current stock: 1 Rainbow Shark and 3 cories.
I will be adding 2 neon tetras tomorrow (the ones who survived quarantine out of the original group of 7).
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

image-3333696307.jpg

Attachments

• image-1231777570.jpg
    image-1231777570.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3722885515.jpg
    image-3722885515.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1437163045.jpg
    image-1437163045.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3282679417.jpg
    image-3282679417.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 103
Just a thought- the rainbow shark will get pretty big (about 6-7 inches). I wouldn't keep a fish that big in a 29. Also, be very cautious and watch for any aggression between it and the cories.

I was going to move the rainbow shark into a 55 gallon tank with some Australian rainbows if they would work together. The rainbow has a fake driftwood cave that it controls. If the cories stay away from the cave all is peaceful. Thanks for your reply.

Thank you Old Scales. It's hard to not throw in a whole school of neon tetras. 4 week Quarantines are proving that store bought neon tetras are very fragile. Building a decent size school of them is a much longer process than I thought.

Current stock: 1 Rainbow Shark and 3 cories.
I will be adding 2 neon tetras tomorrow (the ones who survived quarantine out of the original group of 7).
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think that's a red tailed shark. Not a rainbow shark!

It's definitely a rainbow shark. The tail has a darker red than the fins but red tailed sharks have black fins. Rainbow sharks also tend to be more of a gray with a tint of green on the body while red tailed sharks are black.

I really like your concept so far! If it were my tank, I'd add some dimension with a nice piece of DW in there, maybe covered in moss, but that's really all that I've got. Maybe a couple foreground type plants too, but other than that, I really think you have done a great job on it

I would love a nice piece of driftwood. Im having a rough time finding a piece of DW that Iike. i have some type of val on the substrate near the front of the tank. if I could get a hold of some baby tears or dwarf baby tears that would be alright. I have moss growing in a 10 gallon. We will see how the Val fills out. Thank you for the reply! :)

Back
Top Bottom