Planted Bowls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still have that bowl, lol!

These plants are varieties of this / aka Arrowhead houseplant not the bog plant variety...
https://www.exoticangel.com/plant-library/species/nephthytis

Some of these were from a local plant store, but the rest were from the terrarium section of the local Petco. Since they are grown in rock wool and you don't need to wash the dirt off of the roots. I found that to be MUCH more simple to deal with.

If you need help with the washing roots from a houseplant, I can offer some pointers just let me know!

So they are just a few varieties of Arrowheads grown emerged? I think I'll have to try to find some. :D

Just remember if they are from a nursery or store you can't know what insecticides or fertilizers were used, so wash, rinse and soak the roots to make sure to get it clean. The terrarium types might not be as much an issue.

I was looking at pictures of different types, and I'm pretty sure there are some growing at my families cabin. Near the lake, there is now a 3" deep pond full of pond plants that used to be completely under water. I may try to find some in a month or two when we start going up there

Wow, what a great thread! I was directed here after sharing a mini tank I made from a pop bottle and I read the whole thing

Tomorrow when the house is up, I'll post pics:)

Reviving an old thread...
Last year I planted some extra HC Cuba / Dwarf Baby Tears trimmings in potting soil, set it next to a window, and let it grow. I was rewarded with thick clumps of carpet that I used for an Iwugami tank I setup later in the year.
Fast forward a year later and it appears that the nutrients in the soil have been exhausted.
IMG_3497.jpg
Occasionally an AR (Alternanthera reineckii) leaf would get caught up in the trimmings. Well, from a single leaf this plant appeared. IMG_3496.jpg

This is a fun thread.
6/2/17 first planted the large vintage turtle bowl (no turtle)
60074-albums13946-picture71220.jpg

A week later
60074-albums13946-picture71221.jpg

I have a newer pic somewhere, and I will get a new one for the 2 month pic.

The DHG is wild now! The snails much larger too.

Back
Top Bottom