Planted nano shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leek86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im going to be setting up a nano shrimp tank, but I want it to be planted and lush. Ive been looking at the fluval ebi (Fluval Ebi Shrimp Aquarium Kit) and fluval flora tanks (Fluval Flora Aquarium Plant Kit)

Both come with substrate one is fluval shrimp stratum, the other is fluval plant stratum. Ive looked at descriptions for both and the write ups are almost identical.

So im wondering what the difference is?

I would assume the plant is better for plants but is it actually good for shrimp and vice versa

They are the same thing (the substrate). The stuff marketed for shrimp has a slightly smaller granule size.

The tanks are the same, the substrum is the same ( but ine ib a red bag other a green). The ebi comes with shrimp food, shrimp conditioner and shell hardener. The flora with ferts, and Co2.
I have an ebi, filled with a mix of rcs, rainbow and bee; heavily plant witg artifical and live (which are thriving). So really it depends on core objective for the tank as both capable in same. Or just which you can find cheaper

Well, I want a co2 kit for the more "needy" plants, so I guess if its the same substrate, I may as well go for the flora since it comes with a co2 kit rather than me buying one to add on.

Im also thinking of going RO water for the tank because I'd like crystal red shrimp and our water is pretty hard here. Ive read I need to re-mineralize the water or something? This will be my first venture into RO and so I know nothing about it.

Substrate is like a "thick sand", small black balls that plants root very well in and is better for shrimp than gravel and easier to clean than sand

Back
Top Bottom