Planted tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missshanha88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi can somebody please give me some advice. I have a 150 gallon tank but I seem to be useless at keeping plants! My fish tend to eat them within two weeks of having them and I am also not sure about which ones are best for a beginner with lots if contradicting information out there I am a feeling very confused!

Start with giving us some tank info
Substrate light fish filter ect..

Yes of cause!,..150gallon tank, black sand, external fluval filter, 1 air stone, white and blue light but is poor.
2 silver Molly
1 swordtail koi
2 silver tail tetras
1 raindow shark
2 red claw crabs.

Here is a picture. As you see the lighting is poor in places.

Attachments

• 1481013877157.jpg
    1481013877157.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 43
It is looking a bit bare but I really don't want to add any more fish until I have some plants due I the overall benefits of the tank.

Specifically what kind of light is that. I assume its a flourescent. But looks like the wrong size? Or your missing one?

Sorry I really don't know what kind of light it is. It only covers half the tank., I have tried to place it in the centre. Yes, I agree. A bigger light would help. Sorry I'm a bit vague, I am new to this .

People dream of owning a 150g. 90g biggest ive had lol honestly id research what plants you want and get an appropriate light.

It is a home made tank. So very much started from scratch. Thanks for your help..

Back
Top Bottom