Planted tank becomes a salad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Due to some aggressive spawning on one side of the 55 . A few plants have been uprooted and redesignated as floating plants. :patch: It is extremely difficult to keep plants on the one side of this tank!

dscf4447.jpg

dscf4451.jpg

The breeding, although I'm not sure if it was the angels or the geophagus. The geo's are guarding the eggs but they usually lay the eggs in the sand in the castle. The eggs got eaten and didn't appear to be fertilized.
dscf4437.jpg

Aww....they don't appreciate the plants, do they! :D They look guilty in that first pic....kind of like "we didn't do it!".

I'm gonna guess that the Geos did some construction on the sand. :)

The black under the sand is probably shadows?

You nailed it, I don't get the substrate to stay at those angles, the geo's do. And that is indeed shadows. Every day I replant the plants they dig up. Sigh, I wonder why I do it.

I can't believe the fish did that! Well, I do, cos you tell me, but I still don't believe it!

I've got some retaining walls that need building in front of my house.... care to let me rent your geos for the job? ;)

Looks like you have some pesky fish there Zags, that kind of stinks but at least you know they aren't bored. I've never had a problem with any of my fish re-arranging their aquariums, but my one Texas Cichlid does like to rearrange the substrate to his liking.

LOL yes I have never seen a fish move the substrate the way the geo's do. Every day the tank has to be re-planted.

Back
Top Bottom