Planted Tank Fertilizers and Suppliments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pocketrout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Man! There are so many fertilizers and suppliments out there for planted aquariums, can anyone recommend a couple products which work?

It all depends on what you need. I like the Seachem products. The only thing I have an issue with is the Potassium product they have which is very expensive to use for any length of time. But to tell the truth I use all bulk nutrients. I still use Seachem Flourish though. :D

KNO3 for nitrates and potassium
K2SO4 for potassium
Plantex CSM for traces
Chelated Iron for Iron
KH2PO4 for phosphates

lost?????

im new to planted aquariums this might be a dumb question but what is this and where do you get it. i am using flourish but it is expensive

KNo3
K2504
plantex csm
chelated iron
KH2P04

KNO3, K2SO4, KH2PO4 can all be purchased from www.litemanu.com. They also sell the chelated iron. Plantex CSM is available from www.jrjohnson.com. The joke is that Plantex only comes in 5 lb tubs which is a lifetime supply and more for most anyone.

But the real thing here is if you don't know what these items are then you should not be attempting to dose with them. I still use Flourish and I don't see how one can figure it's expensive.

But the real thing here is if you don't know what these items are then you should not be attempting to dose with them.

I totally agree with this. I know what they are, but have no confidence in my ability to use them properly (Hey, nothin wrong with admitting your limitations). Therefore I'll stick with the supplements made by professionals. The Seachem line is good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom