planted tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the marineland hidden LED

Attachments

• image-111206655.jpg
    image-111206655.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1957505738.jpg
    image-1957505738.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1782296809.jpg
    image-1782296809.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 59
Ok I may have found me a light. Does anyone know if it will fit on a normal aquarium lid. Or will I have to buy one of the clear flat ones. It is an aqueon freshwater dual T5 light that they sell at Petsmart. The 24" is $59.99.

Ok I may have found me a light. Does anyone know if it will fit on a normal aquarium lid. Or will I have to buy one of the clear flat ones. It is an aqueon freshwater dual T5 light that they sell at Petsmart. The 24" is $59.99.

That's what I have on my tanks, I love it. You can use your old lids, but you'll lose some light, the aqueon glass tops are pretty cheap though, probably $20 or so. They make the tank look cleaner anyway since they lay flat and aren't bulky like the other lid. Sell you old light and lid on CL, that's what I did

Does the glass lids have spots for hang valves and filter? I don't want fish to try to commit suicide. How much would a 20 gallon lid and light sell for.

Does the glass lids have spots for hang valves and filter? I don't want fish to try to commit suicide. How much would a 20 gallon lid and light sell for.

Yep, they are 2 pieces of glass with a hinge, then a 3rd thin piece of plastic you cut to fit around your filters and airlines.

image-2146691131.jpg

It's a little tough to see

I had them in a quiet flow 10 then when I switched to a 406 I moved them to the penguin 350, they help with nitrates and I think it gives a tank another dimension having a plant above the tank. Plus I've always liked white ribbon plant but of course it's not fully aquatic haha

I like it. How did you have it in a quiet flow 10 that's what I have. Did you leave the cover off

I like it. How did you have it in a quiet flow 10 that's what I have. Did you leave the cover off

Yep, it can't be your only filtration though, you'd have to have it in a second filter or at least a filter like the 350/400 that has separate sides. I just took the cartridge out and cover off of the quiet flow and put some sand and rocks in side it, nothing fancy, you just have to make sure it's below the ledge that goes down to the intake tube and impeller. You can use a bunch of different plants, a lot of people use Pothos because of its nitrate sucking ability but just pick whatever you like haha, I even thought about some corkscrew bamboo. Here's a pic of it in the quietflow, all my good pics of it are on my iPad and camera

Attachments

• image-2720159711.jpg
    image-2720159711.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 48
  • image-421348427.jpg
    image-421348427.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 56
Well eventually I'm going to get another filter. Someone told me I should get a aqua clear 20 to go with my quiet flow 10 . I've heard bio wheel filters are good

Well eventually I'm going to get another filter. Someone told me I should get a aqua clear 20 to go with my quiet flow 10 . I've heard bio wheel filters are good

My favorite filter so far is the fluval C series HOBs It's the same idea as the aquaclears but its a step up really

Back
Top Bottom