planted tank ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the answers to your questions really depend on where you want to go with your tank. Are you wanting an easy lightly planted tank or you wanting to go all in on a heavily planted high tech tank? What is your budget? And the kelvin rating is a number associated with the color temperature of a light bulb, not how bright it is. 6,500k is close to the color of mid day sun so that is best for most plants but the brightness of the bulb/fixture needed is dependent on what plants you want to keep.

All the answers to your questions really depend on where you want to go with your tank. Are you wanting an easy lightly planted tank or you wanting to go all in on a heavily planted high tech tank? What is your budget? And the kelvin rating is a number associated with the color temperature of a light bulb, not how bright it is. 6,500k is close to the color of mid day sun so that is best for most plants but the brightness of the bulb/fixture needed is dependent on what plants you want to keep.

Just so I can keep the plants in the link budget is up to £250

I don't know what the price difference on items are in the UK but that's about $400 USD, with that I would get a t5HO fixture, dry ferts and some liquid carbon supplement. You should have money left over from your budget after that then go from there. That is a great deal on plants!

I don't know what the price difference on items are in the UK but that's about $400 USD, with that I would get a t5HO fixture, dry ferts and some liquid carbon supplement. You should have money left over from your budget after that then go from there. That is a great deal on plants!

Ok thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom