Plantgeek and a few plants.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ikon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyne have any opinions on the following plants..

Water Violet
African Water Fern
Corkscrew Val
Green and Red Foxtail
Cuba Ludwigia
Orchid Lily
Pearl Weed
Rotala Wallichii
Primerose Willow
Parrots Feather
Red Flame
Red Temple

would that be to much for a 20 gal high ... see my fish below .. 65 watt

IMHO, those plants together would be a little much for a 20gal high. For instance I have some green foxtail in my 40gal. Each stem is about 3-3.5" wide so a small group of them together takes up a pretty large area.

Peyton said:
IMHO, those plants together would be a little much for a 20gal high. For instance I have some green foxtail in my 40gal. Each stem is about 3-3.5" wide so a small group of them together takes up a pretty large area.

ok i can knock the foxtail's off the list.....i wasnt gonna get all of those .. just some of them :wink:

FYI most people use the scientific names to describe plants....so I don't know what some of those are. I can say that Rotala wallichii is a tricky plant. pearlweed (I'm guessing you mean Hemianthus micranthemoides) is a nice little plant that is good for mid or foreground, grows fast but is easy to trim. I use it for a foreground since in high light it creeps along the bottom.

Water Violet - Hottonia palustris
African Water Fern - Bolbitis heudelotti
Corkscrew Val - Vallisneria americana v. 'Biwaensis'
Green and Red Foxtail - Myriophyllum heterophyllum (red)/Myriophyllum pinnatum (green)
Cuba Ludwigia - Ludwigia sp. cuba
Orchid Lily - Barclaya longfoilia
Pearl Weed - Hemianthus micranthemoides
Rotala Wallichii
Primerose Willow - Ludiwigia glandulosa
Parrots Feather - Myriophyllum brasiliense
Red Flame - Echinodorus 'red flame'
Red Temple - Alternanthera reineckii

The corkscrew vals are pretty good for the tank, they don't take up much room. Ludwigia sp cuba is a nice thin stem plant that can add some coloration to the tank.

Parrots feather is most at home in a pond, though i have used it in the aquarium for the pure fact that i.... well... i took it from my pond and put it into my aquarium! hahah

Jchillin said:
Water Violet - Hottonia palustris
African Water Fern - Bolbitis heudelotti
Corkscrew Val - Vallisneria americana v. 'Biwaensis'
Green and Red Foxtail - Myriophyllum heterophyllum (red)/Myriophyllum pinnatum (green)
Cuba Ludwigia - Ludwigia sp. cuba
Orchid Lily - Barclaya longfoilia
Pearl Weed - Hemianthus micranthemoides
Rotala Wallichii
Primerose Willow - Ludiwigia glandulosa
Parrots Feather - Myriophyllum brasiliense
Red Flame - Echinodorus 'red flame'
Red Temple - Alternanthera reineckii

The corkscrew vals are pretty good for the tank, they don't take up much room. Ludwigia sp cuba is a nice thin stem plant that can add some coloration to the tank.

thanxs for doing the tech name chiller.. other than parrots feather

ya think those would be to much for a 20 gal high .. or maybe i could buy a few at a time .. but theres so many cool looking plants to choose from i want a lil green and a lil red ... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom