Planting Calerpa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggen

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some Calerpa in for my refuge today. I am total ignorant when it comes to macros. Do I need to "plant it" into the sand somehow? Do I need to rubberband it to the top of a rock? What is the proper way to get this stuff to get a hold of something so that it doesn't float around?

I was trying to hurry up this afternoon when I got it in since I had to be somewhere, so I took a rock and actually placed it over part of the calerpa clump to hold it in one place. Now that I think about it, this may not have been a good idea since calerpa is one large cell, so if part of it dies under the rock, more of the plant could also die as well.

most caulerpa send out runners and each little sprout has roots. I "planted" mine
when I first got it and put rocks near it so it could start attaching. This worked well for me.

Just toss it in and it will be fine or you can have a rock on a part of it to keep it down. No need to bury in sand it will take care of itself.

Alright, I removed it from under the rock and set it over the rocks and sand. Hopefully it will catch on to this. I just didn't want it to float over to the drain and clog it up.

Thanks folks!

if it is loose, it will float around and clog powerheads and intakes etc...on my smaller tanks that have hob filtration, that was a problem until I "planted" it.

Back
Top Bottom