Planting HC/Dwarf Baby Tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! I just received some hc in the mail today. I've read a bit about planting it but it came in a carpet like thing and is a pain to get it out of the bunch, and every time that I go to plant it (with tweezers) it doesn't stay in! I'm about to pull my hair out! Help!:-?:blink::ermm::confused::huh:

animalzrok2 said:
where did you get it???

Off of aquabid from p_volitan. Everything seems to be in amazing shape that I got and he even gave extra:D. I just don't know what to do with the HC...

I ordered some HC a few weeks ago and had the same problem. It was difficult to remove from the pot and wouldn't stay planted in the sand. They wouldn't root and started dying. I just gave up on it two days ago and pulled them all up. I'm thinking of trying some glosso instead.
Here's a pic of my HC before I yanked it. It might look like it rooted but it didn't.
I think my lighting is good enough...40g, 2x39watt T5HO, diy co2 and liquid ferts, and floramax substrate.

Attachments

• HC.jpg
    HC.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 70
texasblitzem said:
I ordered some HC a few weeks ago and had the same problem. It was difficult to remove from the pot and wouldn't stay planted in the sand. They wouldn't root and started dying. I just gave up on it two days ago and pulled them all up. I'm thinking of trying some glosso instead.
Here's a pic of my HC before I yanked it. It might look like it rooted but it didn't.
I think my lighting is good enough...40g, 2x39watt T5HO, diy co2 and liquid ferts, and floramax substrate.

Ok. I ended up using my hands and the tweezers together. It has worked for the most part but I guess only time will tell:). Thanks though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom