Planting in a 1g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deenalove

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I want to put some small plants in my 1g Mini Bow tank. I have a pond snail in there now, about the size of a nickle. Thanx in advance

What kind would be best?

How much light do you have?

Blyxa japonica, baby tears, maybe a compact sword. Downoi, compact hygro, or any stem plant if you keep it well trimmed could work.

I have the light on in the tank, but natural light. I can keep the window open. It's not by the window, but maybe 6 feet from it. The room gets a decent amount of light.

java moss or hornwort should work, and you don't even need to plant them.

Right on Deena! I have a planted one gallon and it has replens, java moss, moneywort and baby java ferns. I love mine. I just trim or replace when the plants get big. I actually started it when for convenience sake I used to toss little plant pieces into it when I had a few leaves or stems that were too small to root into the bigger tanks. I had to take the christmas tree moss out as it absolutely took it over.

If your tank is getting natural light by a window, I'm sure it will do well as I keep all kinds of aquatic plants in glass bowls next to a window at work. They grow just fine.

Its nice to see someone else exploring tiny tank possibilities!

Back
Top Bottom