Planting my 10 and 5 gallon tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to convert my ten and five gallon tanks to live plants. I will definitely do a diy setup for the ten gallon, because it has an aquaclear 30 filter on it and the end of the intake tube has wider slits, so airline tubing can easily fit. So, to make it clearer, I will have airline tubing going up my ten gallon's filter's intake tube, so the co2 bubbles get sucked up and chopped up into tiny ones by the impeller. I have read that it is hard to keep the yeast and sugar method constant, so i might order some canisters online to somehow hook up to the airline tubing.

Now, about my 5.5 gallon
it is a fluval chi, and finished cycling about a week ago. The stock filter was not good a tall, so i added a pf10 filter that has a flow rate of 90gph. I will be removing the stock filter, and am going to be adding a diy light system too. I need a good light bulb for plants, and also want a night light bulb (also called a moonlight bulb, blue light, etc) I would prefer some kind of bulb that fits in a desk lamp, because that is what i will probably use, it is my cheapest option. If I do get a light fixture for it, it has to be square shaped. The chi has no lid, so the fish can jump out (....:() so I will be having a peice of acrylic cut out that fits all the needs ( a gap for the pf10 filter, a feeding hole, a cord exit hole) of my tank.

I need t know what kind of light is best, that also fits in a desk lamp... I also need some co2 ideas and suggestions.:ermm:

I just poked a hole in a two liter bottle lid, so I can put air line tubing through it.

I have decided that I am going to use paintball co2 tanks. It is easiest. How long would 88 grams of co2 last in a five gallon or a ten gallon?

Back
Top Bottom