Planting new plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all! I'm planting my first plants to day. The plants are water wysteria, narrowleaf java fern, and windelov java fern. They were from a science project and I have like 2 leaves of each. So I am wondering if I put in the 1 small stock, it will spread into more? And also, any procedures on planting them? I have a 37 gallon tank, marineland led lights. I know their bad but I think theese plants are ok in theese conditions. Thanks for any input!

Water wisteria will grow planted or floating. The ferns are epiphytes, meaning it grows attached to other parts of plants, e.g. driftwood. On the ferns you will get new growth from the rhizome and on the wisteria you can propagate them by cutting them and replanting.

Do you have the Marineland Single or Double bright?

David

Not sure on the lights, they come with the 37 gallon biowheel kit. I ended up not planting as the plants were in poor condition. I will be getting new ones next week or so. I really like Anubis, would that work? So I'm thinking that and the java fern

Ah, the LED lights are mounted inside the hood? You might be able to get away with ferns, some mosses and anubias spp., but that's really it.

David

Back
Top Bottom