planting plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ratsinmyfreezer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's the best way to plant plants in an aquarium. ? Strait in the gravel or what? And do plants need certain nutrients in the water to live off of??? New to this whole thing.

Hello rats...

That depends on the plant. Some need to be planted. I just push my index finger into the substrate about two inches and draw a small circle. I drop in the plant and push a little substrate around it.

Those that don't need to be planted, can be attached to a piece of lava rock with a thin rubber band and just dropped on the substrate.

My plants seem to grow fine with frequent water changes and just the fertilizer the fish produce.

B

Hello rats...

That depends on the plant. Some need to be planted. I just push my index finger into the substrate about two inches and draw a small circle. I drop in the plant and push a little substrate around it.

Those that don't need to be planted, can be attached to a piece of lava rock with a thin rubber band and just dropped on the substrate.

My plants seem to grow fine with frequent water changes and just the fertilizer the fish produce.

B

Subtrate as in the pebbles ?

Hello again rats...

That's right. Whatever you have that's covering the bottom of the tank. Gravel, sand, etc.

B

First you need to determine what light and bulbs you have as light will determine the type of plants you can grow. If you just go out and by plants and don't have the proper amount of light for them they won't flourish. Do some research and learn as much as you can.

Back
Top Bottom