Plants dying, help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guy at the pet shop said excel was a fertilzer. He also said my light was good I just need to keep it on longer. All my plants are doing fine now and the crypts lost a lot of leaves but now are sprouting new ones like a few mentioned.

So he insists on pure glut, rather than processed ones like excel, easy carbo?

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Straight glut like metricide is just a more concentrated version of excel. Thas really the only difference. Excel is about half as strong.
The guy at the pet shop said excel was a fertilzer. He also said my light was good I just need to keep it on longer. All my plants are doing fine now and the crypts lost a lot of leaves but now are sprouting new ones like a few mentioned.
Excel is carbon not a fertilizer.

Yes Mebbid I knew that already! But being concentrated would make that you would have to add less, thus lasting longer with one "bottle"... But my question was if there was like really another reason, not just cost-efficiency wise :)

Yes Mebbid I knew that already! But being concentrated would make that you would have to add less, thus lasting longer with one "bottle"... But my question was if there was like really another reason, not just cost-efficiency wise :)

Cost efficiency is pretty much the only reason. That and dosing 20ml of glut is easier than 40 of excel.

No, Tom never insists on things, he uses Glut as it's more cost effective for large or multiple tanks. He helps provide it to our club to save us money.

Some use CO2, some of us don't. I'm one of the low light low tech liquid Fert users [emoji6]

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost efficiency is pretty much the only reason. That and dosing 20ml of glut is easier than 40 of excel.

We can get 10% glut concentration here with no change for instructions for dosing. I tend to dilute it down just in case I accidentally overdose.

Back
Top Bottom