Plants not staying put!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluerose

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have some Anacharis in my tank that will not stay put. It keeps coming out of the substrate and going and hanging out with the Anacharis on the other side of the tank that never budges (and is thicker, greener, healthier, etc).

I notice now it's a moderate light plant- I think I'm dealing with a low-light situation, but it's growing... just slowly. There are new 'shoots' on most of the plants. I'm just tired of taking the lid apart and sticking it back in the substrate!

I bury it pretty carefully and pile more substrate around it to keep it there but it eventually still bobs up...

Any reason why the plants on one side would be smaller/less anchored in the substrate than the other? They do get pushed around by the current a bit more if that makes a difference...

The odd thing is the substrate is deeper on that side.

I'm using a plant-friendly substrate (not plain gravel). Forget what it's called.

I have mine in sand and they don't move around much, I place them in about half an inch or so. But current could be a factor, as well as any of your critters. My yoyo loaches are pretty helpful...they like to uproot stuff and try and replant it for me. =)

Try planting the stem at an angle. This will make the gravel work for you in trying to keep it in place, instead of just floating free straight up.

Back
Top Bottom