Plants Stopped Growing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've noticed this problem with a few plants I've bought now. I put them in my tank, they grow quite quickly and then after a few weeks/months they just stop all growth?

29 Gallon Low-Tech:
Aqua-Glo 25 Watt Fluorescent Bulb
Twice a week doses of flourish

I'm guessing it's just a lighting problem? I was thinking about putting some plants outside to try to do like a mini pond (like in TFH) Would they grow out there and then I could bring them back in?
Any help is appreciated!

29 Gallon Community

Mainly my "fast growing" stem plants. Neither my Cabomba or Moneywort has grown in like a month

29 Gallon Community

I just had a question about an outdoor mini-pond. I wanted to do an airstone so that I could keep the surface agitated but if it's outdoor there'd be no way for me to plug one in? How could I get around this?

29 Gallon Community

I guess my question is: How can I encourage growth(especially upwards growth) from plants such as moneywort/Cabomba/Jungle Val

29 Gallon Community

Perhaps they just grew during quickly after trimming? Try trimming one stem and seeing if it grows back quickly and then slows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom