Plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is a really random question I asked myself while watering plants at work. I'm a florist that's what I do for living, and I was ask myself if there was any way I could put greens inside my tank for example IVY, everyone knows what ivy is.
Anyone experimented before with regular plans in your tank???
Share you knowledge with me
Xo
-Bri

I don't know much but I do know plants that are grown above water have hard time adapting to underwater life sometimes. And plants like White Ribbon still should have the top above the water instead of fully submerged. Give it a try though and experiment who knows it might work for some plants.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Google Planted HOB Filters. There is a huge thread on TPT I believe.

You can plant your filter.
You can start a Riparium tank. Google planted tank Riparium

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Using Land Plants in Fish Tanks

This is a really random question I asked myself while watering plants at work. I'm a florist that's what I do for living, and I was ask myself if there was any way I could put greens inside my tank for example IVY, everyone knows what ivy is.
Anyone experimented before with regular plans in your tank???
Share you knowledge with me
Xo
-Bri

Hello bri...

There are several house plants that work well with the roots under the tank water and the leaves above. My favorite is Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema). I have these house plants sticking out of the top of several of my fish tanks. They're great for keeping the nitrogens from the dissolved fish wastes out of the water. Peace Lily, Nephthytis, Pothos, Impatiens and Philodendron are some others. But, I think you'll find the Cutlass and Gemini species of the "Ag" plant better by far than the rest. Just make sure all the potting mixture is removed from the roots and place an air stone under the roots for a source of oxygen and nutrients. This plant thrives in the high nutrient water. Just feed the fish and change half the tank water regularly.

B

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom