Plastic pots - aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gimmethatfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
After a recent disaster, I am gunshy about putting things into my tank. I have to re-do my DIY 3D background, and I have this idea of building in a few little caves and hidey-holes. I may or may not be doing a betta sorority in this tank, but hiding places can't hurt anything and will look cool either way.

I have a couple of unglazed terracotta pots I am going to put at the bottom of the tank and kind of arch the background over them. But I'm leery of siliconing (is that a word?) the heavy pots up higher. I know they make plastic terracotta-look pots that weigh almost nothing. Anyone see anything wrong with using these? They will be unused obviously and cleaned ahead of time.

After a recent disaster, I am gunshy about putting things into my tank. I have to re-do my DIY 3D background, and I have this idea of building in a few little caves and hidey-holes. I may or may not be doing a betta sorority in this tank, but hiding places can't hurt anything and will look cool either way.

I have a couple of unglazed terracotta pots I am going to put at the bottom of the tank and kind of arch the background over them. But I'm leery of siliconing (is that a word?) the heavy pots up higher. I know they make plastic terracotta-look pots that weigh almost nothing. Anyone see anything wrong with using these? They will be unused obviously and cleaned ahead of time.
I can't see a problem with using them, especially in fresh water. I would say, go for it.....

One thing I like to tell people. Nearly anythibg is aquarium safe once coated in a nice even layer of aquarium safe silicone lol however as they are plastic it should be safe either way :)

Back
Top Bottom