Platinum Angelfish with red streaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I recently did a major rescaping of my 180 gallon tank and added a driftwood stump to the tank. I spread out this process over the course of 4 days. Day 1 I removed all the plants that we were relocating and relocated several smaller pieces of driftwood. Day 2 I added the new driftwood stump. Day 3 nothing I let everything rest. Day 4 I added all the new plants and finished replanting some of the old ones. I have several young platinum angels in the tank that developed a red line under thier dorsal and pectoral fins and a reddish tinge to them after all of this. The only other fish that seems to be affected is a gold topped angel that is also showing a red line under his dorsal. Water parameters are all in line with only a slight elevation of ammonia (.25) which I am using prime in the tank atm to help mitigate. I am including a picture and am looking for advice. Is it just stress or something more serious? Thank you all in advance!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1453839578078.jpg
    1453839578078.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 124
It looks like it may just be their coloration. Since they are albino fish you can probably see their vascular structures. Ammonia decreases air and the body will react by producing more red blood cells to carry oxygen. This would be my guess.
An airstone might help if you have one on hand, other than that just do more frequent PWC's until ammonia is back to zero.

Hmm I wa s also thinking an adverse response to the ammonia. I have 4 six inch airstones running on max right just in case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom