Platy babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
So.. last night I had a dream my Platy had her babies, when I bought her she was prego. So this morning sure enough she has drastically shrank in size. She's in a 30 gal tank with 6 longfin zebra danios. Is there any chance the little ones are still in there? Cause I don't see anything :(

It may be possible that there are still some fry left. It will take some looking because they are not very large. Look very hard around any possible hiding spots.

My platy fry seem to appear out of nowhere. They are pretty good at hiding until they feel safe enough to swim around. Mom may eat the first couple drops too. I have had fish like that.

They are incredibly hard to find as they are tiny and hide well.
If you have a gravel substrate they're even HARDER to find!

You will likely see them over the next few days rise up from the gravel or out of plants (if you have any) unless the fish get to them first.

Oh yea, I have gravel... I've been looking but no cigar. There are quite a few hiding areas in the tank so we will see if anyone survives.

I found 1 so far... It's a lot bigger then I thought it would be. But its hiding out in the corner, I don't have another tank set up so is there anyway to isolate it in my tank.

I've had many dreams about my swordtail having her fry... but not luck yet. Good luck in finding!

You can buy a breeder box or breeder net that can go in your tank where you can isolate the fry so it doesn't get eaten.

It was a weird dream... As I've never seen Platy babies. So in my dream they changed appearance a few times. But this afternoon I'm going to go purchase something for the babies. I may remove all the adults for a few min so I can round up the babies. There are danio fry in there too. I almost think the Platy babies could eat the danio.

So I tore apart the tank and found 4 babies. They are safely nestled in the net breeder. They are hard little suckers to catch!

My platy just had a few babies last night. Here is a video, notice how it is taking cover in the gravel, which are small sized pebbles:

So I tore apart the tank and found 4 babies. They are safely nestled in the net breeder. They are hard little suckers to catch!

:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

Congratulations! They sure are hard little buggers to catch, have to have a lot of patience. They will be adults in no time.

@Jcl you have a very nice camera to capture that so well! It was crazy clear. They are so cute!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom