Platy Fish - Submitted by Derail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question I have 10 platy and they are all male( didn't want any fry) they all but 2 or 3 just stay at the top in the corners of my tank. It's a 30 gallon tank we keep a close on the levels and do regular water changes and vaccume regularly as well. Why are they doing this??

Is that the spot you usually feed them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No I feed them in the front and they are all in the back two corners. My mollies and tetras are all fine and active

Great profile! I realized, by looking at your pics, that I may be completely wrong about these 4 fish I'm trying to ID!
The PetSmart near me tells me that they are not allowed to sell the fry that are born there. (Not sure if this is truly a regulation they have to follow, and other stores just break the reg)
They gave me 5 fry a while back, and I raised 4 of them. (1 didn't survive the ride home)
I thought that they are platys due to the coloring 2 of them have that make them look like Micky Mouse platy. The other 2 do not have that color. Can you help me try to ID them?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391066009.050479.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391066053.183239.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391066107.616504.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391066187.098850.jpg
The first 2 pics are the one I think is a MM. Pic 3 is the one with no coloration like ears. 4th pic is both. In 2 pics, with neons for size.
P.S. My water had lots of floaters because I had taken my male sunset platy out of this tank and into the bigger on cause he has been really pissy since his "wife" died!

Back
Top Bottom