Platy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday I did a large water change and moved a lot of stuff around in the tank. Had to scrub furiously at algae. The fish were not happy about this, and my shy male platy was especially stressed out.
This morning he was pooping white stringy poop.
Is this because he was stressed out, or do I need to treat him? He was treated a month ago for the white stringy poop and made a full recovery; he's been active and healthy since then, eating well too.
If I should treat him, what medication would you recommend?

Dre...

You don't need to move anything. By removing and replacing most of the tank water every week, you remove everything that has dissolved in it. This dissolving isn't just the toxic fish and plant wastes, it's small particles of everything else that's under the water.

Your fish will be fine as long as you follow a sound water change routine and feed a small bit of a variety of foods.

Don't fret over a little algae. It's really good for the tank. It filters the water, supplements the fishes' diet and like other aquatic plants generally helps maintain a steady water chemistry.

B

Okay, thank you! He seems to be pooping normally now, I think I just scared him.

Back
Top Bottom