Platy with clamped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a femLes platy with clamped fins, my perimeters are perfect. What could be causing this?

usually fin rot is an indication of bad parameters. Do you have the exact ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings?

Honestly I don't know, I got them tested yesterday and the guy told me and didn't right it down and I don't remember and I don't have a test kit. It was either nitrItes or nitrAtes. Ammonia was 0 PH was 7.8 and hardness was 75.

You just made my life 75% harder :p . Thanks for the help, I will get on it right away. Just ran out of conditioner, guessing I need that right?

Ya... That's important. Get it ASAP. Prime by seachem only... And if you can... while there, pick up the API freshwater master kit. Don't do a PWC until you have the water conditioner.

Okay, I am going right by a little pet shop tomorrow so I will get conditioner and try and get a test kit. Hopefully they will have those brands. At my LFS they are $160 and I am NOT paying that for a test kit.

That's WAY overpriced. The little shop should be better... Bit remember... Brand is important. API master kit, and prime water conditioner by sachem.

No offense, but brand for water conditioner isn't a be all, end all. I use tetra aquasafe and my tank cycled fine.

Rosenweiss said:
No offense, but brand for water conditioner isn't a be all, end all. I use tetra aquasafe and my tank cycled fine.

Thats what I normally use.

Back
Top Bottom