Platy with dropsy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtemichuk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My platy is suffering from dropsy and is at the 'pineconing' stage. Shes been sick awhile now with no signs of recovery and I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on euthanizing. I feel sick about doing it, but on the other hand, her suffering is painful to see too. Should I let nature take its way or end her misery?

Achtemichuk said:
My platy is suffering from dropsy and is at the 'pineconing' stage. Shes been sick awhile now with no signs of recovery and I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on euthanizing. I feel sick about doing it, but on the other hand, her suffering is painful to see too. Should I let nature take its way or end her misery?

Im sorry to hear about your platy. If it where me I would euthanize her. Here is the link to the sicky on the best way to do it.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/an-overview-of-euthanasia-73775.html

Sorry about your platy :( I vote end her misery. Dropsy is almost impossible to cure, and even if it seems cured for a while it usually comes right back.

Back
Top Bottom