Platys acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elav

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I currently have two platys, one male and one female, in a Fluval spec III tank (about 3 gallons). They were doing well and acting normally (as far as I know) for about two months, but they just began to act strange. The female will sit in the bottom corner of the tank behind a plant, with clamped fins, and rarely comes to the top of the tank. I've also noticed that she has some sort of small lump on the side of her body, almost like a tumor--I have no idea what to do about that.

The male will either sit at the bottom of the tank or at the top, where the filter intake vents are. He also sometime will brush quickly against a rock, almost like he has an itch on his side.

Both seem to be very lethargic and uninterested in food.
I plan on moving the two adults to my 10 gal tank in about 3 weeks, and keeping my small tank as a fry-raising tank since I already have about 15 fry in there (in a breeder net).

I'd just like some advice on what to do to help my adults, and whether I should try using some medication or other practices. Thanks!

I have had two platies do this lately, one went back to normal in a week, the other died [emoji20]

Back
Top Bottom