Please confirm this is a Bubble Tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hart62

Aquarium Advice Activist
And why has he flattened out on me? What should I be feeding it and what are the best lights and salinity for it. Salinity is at 1.024 now but stock fluorescent lights. Only had two days. Could it still be acclimating? I don't want to lose him.

Attachments

• image-3780091880.jpg
    image-3780091880.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 158
Yes, it is a bubble tip. It doesn't look flat to me. You will need stronger lighting immediately, as these are photosynthetic creatures.

What type of bulb is the best? We have a t8 fixture. Also this was right after I got him Sunday. He has flattened out since yesterday evening but perks up when I shine my iPhone flashlight directly on him. What's the best thing to feed him?

You need at least a 4 bulb t5 to keep a Nem living for any period of time

High end LEDs or Metal Halides. I run metal halides on my biocube and a custom LED setup on my 8g and 250g fitted with all Cree 3w LEDs. Anemones should have approximatly 2.5-3 watts of lighting per gallon or more. My biocube is running 5 watts to the gallon and my anemones are doing great(I have 3 maxi mini carpets in it).

Ivr never had the same amount of growth and color under t5's as I have under halides and good LEDs. Just personal opinion I guess.

Back
Top Bottom