PLEASE HELP!! African Dwarf Frog problem!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdvilk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I've had an african dwarf frog for about 8 months now.. he was eating great and very happy for the first 6/7 and just recently I noticed he's developed an inability to locate and ingest food, his body is now always in an upward angle with his nose pointing up towards the surface, and his back legs are bent awkwardly.. He's always on the ground level and never swims up for air anymore, and has lost a lot of weight. Without looking at him too closely, you would never be able to tell somethings wrong with him but I've been examining him closely and have noticed all these differences in the way he used to be. I've tried researching all of this online myself and the closest thing I've found is maybe the "gas bubble disease" but he only matches the "inability to locate and ingest food" symptom...

Does anyone else have any suggestions or info that might help me figure out what's wrong with him? He used to eat food out of my hand when I placed it in front of him and now he tries to but can't seem to open his mouth enough or be able to actually grab it anymore.

I have always fed him a variety diet of blood worms, brine shrimp, and frog and tagpole bites...

What is wrong with my poor frog? what happend??? :confused::confused::(

According to profile it's a 20. May be overstocked as well as over fed and under cleaned. Need more info.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to mention there have been some serious cases of salmonella linked to the ADF in the past few months. It is hitting kids 5 and under (plus anyone with a compromised immune system) pretty hard.

This goes for any reptile, the article also said.

Back
Top Bottom