Please help ! Beginner with 700 Gallon Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will with complete pan that sounds nicer I could check out more but could I see clearly my turtle through tank

The ones I saw were less wide view but it seems that I could also turn it and see my house while I'm shipped out

Should I mention it would likely be on a ceiling would that work cause I don't have any furniture besides the couch there

There are several apps for both iPhone and android. That's the easy part. In order to get to your camera over the internet, you need either a static IP address for your router or what's called a proxy service. Your software will need that to find your cameras over the internet. Getting the static IP address can be a problem because some internet providers will only give a static IP if you are a commercial customer. The reason this address has to be static is otherwise the provider changes the address whenever your router goes off line. Like in a power outage. It will wake up with a different address and you won't be able to find it anymore from the outside world.

The proxy is a web site that monitors your IP address and can still find you if it changes. You in turn just have to connect to that web site. Sounds complicated but it's not. Most web cams come with a suggested web site that does this for a few bucks a month, or shows you how to use a service like DNS.com

If you want more cameras it is more efficient to learn how to run them using port forwarding on your router.

We should bump this to a new thread if you want to know more.

Since your off into the Army to protect me and my family, let me know if you need any help setting this up. I run a small telecommunication company. You can PM me.

Not to be a party pooper.. Again, but lets try to stay on topic. Don't want to get the mods mad at us.

Jonathan, if you want to ask questions, make a new thread or pm someone.

I'm a noob I'd love to know much more but I don't know how to do that yet I only know new posts and comments also I'm going to be a cook in the army but still I serve in someway the country

That's awesome ! Greg do you like the hd foscams? Are they true hd ? They got a lot of criticism and poor reviews on amazon. I love foscam and use them for many different applications as well .

Your tank looks amazing ! Love the shape and the deco.

Ok let me know if there is a new thread too please I may be a beginner with tanks but I am really good with this and have set up a ton of cameras so far . So between Greg , me and a bunch of us your in good hands.

If you start a new forum let us / me know !

The other option is you can set up a security DVR camera in your home and just prop it up near the tank. A lot are accessible through remote means now and have 48+hours DVR space so you can rewind a bit and get a nice clean stream

You can find really nice ones then without pinching pennies. But you can set up like four zoom able security camera's for a few hundred bucks, set them up all over. Then with the DVR accessibility your have nice non buffering speed

Lol guys I put a duck in my tank he's a baby he loves the turtle topper and he goes down the ramp to drink water and take a bath

Back
Top Bottom