please help, co2/pressure question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have one 2 liter DIY co2 bottle in my 55 gallon tank. Not much I know. But I'm fixing to put another one in, but I don't have enough tubing to go all the way down to another bottle. This is what I was gunna do:
I took a control valve for my bubbler, and took out the screw that controlled it. I silicone glued in a piece of tubing where it was, and was going to cut the tube from my existing bottle, put the valve in, and run the new tubing into a new bottle. Will that be too much pressure to have two bottles running into one piece of tubing into the tank?
This is confusing but idk how to explain it.

How much pressure you have is largely dictated by your diffusion method. If you're using some sort of ceramic diffuser, you'll be builing up quite a bit of pressure, but once a certain pressure threshold is reached, the bubbles start to come out. The number of bottles you have hooked up isn't a factor in how much pressure you have building up unless something gets blocked up, and even then it will only dictate how fast pressure builds up.

If you're planning on putting your CO2 tubing into a powerhead or filter intake, then pressure isn't going to be an issue for you at all.

Back
Top Bottom