Please help, I think my fish have Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucas82

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry wasn't sure if it was Ick or Ich. I have a 55 gallon tank that had Cichlids and the store suggested I put some other fish in to stem the aggesion. I put 3 Australian Rainbows in. Long story short I gave the Cichlids away to the local Petco and kept the three Rainbows, but I think the Cichlids beat these poor guys up a little. They have some fin damage and have a few little spots forming. What should I do? These aren't the fish I really want in the tank anyways (I am going to make this a tank with other Rainbow fish varities). Will a pet store take them? Can I correct the problem and just let them live in the tank with their future tank mates? Thanks in advance :)

Even if you don't like the fish you have to treat the water or else anything else you put in for the next 3-6 weeks will get ich.

Turn up temp to around 82, put in ich medication. Get airstones and air pump. Spots should disappear in a day after medication, should be out of tank by 3 weeks.

Look up ich tutorial, forget the "natural" way which is supposed to be healthier than medicating. Most people who try with no meds have low successes rates of getting through with out losing fish.

Back
Top Bottom