Please help identify this illness (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnarmedCrayon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, big problems for our tank. We are moving, putting the house on the market, so we had to move our 45L community tank. Everyone in buckets of tank water, transported half the water, mix the rest, brought to temp, attempted to keep fish warm ( although it dropped a few degrees so I attempted to raise bucket temp with warm tank water) fish seemed skirmish but ok as we acclimated to new temp home. Suddenly several fish have sprung white fuzz in differnet places on thier bodies. I treated with primafix. Next day ( tonight) I found two of my ottos dead, one with a spot of fuzz, one tetra with his mouth erroded by the fuzz, and my darwf gourami with spots. Can anyone tell me what this is? How to treat it? And should I worry for the rest of the fish? Thank you.

Attachments

• image-2774080361.jpg
    image-2774080361.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3223696877.jpg
    image-3223696877.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 80
This looks like Saprolegnia Fungus. Spores are invariably inside all aquariums but kept in check by the fishes' immune system. The moving of the tank probably weakened their immune system allowing the fungus to take hold.

Tetra carries "FungusGuard" tablets
API carries "Fungus Cure" powder

Either of these should do it and there are many other products on the market.

Back
Top Bottom