Please help is this white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amsterlona

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm absolutely gutted. I bought these barbs this evening. Ive notice all these whits marks on them. Unfortunately id already put them in my tankf before i spotted them. Is this white spot. What can I do? shop is now closed, so cant go till tomorrow. Shoud I return them and make the shop pay for treatment, or will they not get better. It looks quite bad to me. Obviously my main concern is my other fish

Hi, it sounds like white spot and would be good if store can pay for treatment. There is also the heat treatment method if caught early enough.

I contacted store as d soon as they opened in morning. They actually sent someone round to drop me off some treatment, which i started immediately. Unfortunately I've lost 3 of the 6 barbs and not looking good for other 3 either. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that all mine are going to be ok

Increase your aeration or water flow at surface if you can. This might help increase O2.

Tricky one, as caught early you could try a half dose if meds instructions allow. Slower but could be less rough on fish.

Back
Top Bottom