Please help me.. I think I'm killing my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did everything you said, jcarlilesieu, and the problem has improved. Th noise is for the most part gone... it is absent for a few minutes and then I hear it again for one second. The water is slightly dripping out of the filter, not pouring out like it did before. But at least its moving to some degree.

Now the fish is sitting up near the filter where the water is dripping out, she already seems a bit happier. The violent one is still in the net.

Thanks for all your help regarding the filter. I'm going to get a tester kit on Thursday (which is the very earliest I can possibly go, and I hope that won't harm the fish.) I have class all the rest of today, and all of tomorrow. Now that the filter somewhat works, I hope these two fish can just hang in there.

happy to help... if you have any other problems let us know. Your filter is probably just getting "warmed up".. it will start flowing as normal i would guess

Do you have an air pump??? You hook the stone to a tube and attach that to the air pump. Normally you don't need an air stone if your filter is running and moving your water around. If your filter is broken and your water isn't moving around, your fish won't get any air and die.

Back
Top Bottom