Please, help me ID, still am confused! Thanks in advance!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_sass72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I found some things on my live rock. I know I have a few critters (I hope they make it through the cycle) ... but, this one.
Hi ya'll,
Is it a featherduster, aiptasia, or a polyp? These are the few things I have found similar. Now, we did a touch test for this and read that if it retracts quick its a featherduster, if it shrivels its aiptasia. From an earlier post :) (that is what we read to do). I think it kinda retracted and close up. But, they are both very small.
The better pic I'm going to share, I tried to center it in the middle of the stop sign.

I am going to try to do pics if I can. I have 2.

The other is a green algae? Is it coraline. I saw this stuff in a book and I can't remember where. I've looked google images and haven't been successful yet.

Well I

Attachments

• id1_149.jpg
    id1_149.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 132
I can't seem to get the second pic, I'll do a new topic sorry!

seaham,

I will try, it is very hard to get the thing to focus!

Sass

I know taking pic of the tank can be a PIA. maybe a little further back and one with the lens right up against the glass.

Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try! My tries so far haven't worked. I even hooked the camcorder up trying to get a better shot. Problem is, the aiptaisia or duster is so tiny it is hard to get regardless. Thanks!

Sass

Back
Top Bottom