please help me out, I dont know what is wrong with my angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it is septicemia, maracyn 2 is the way to go. you should of seen my goldie before the treatment. Its good stuff. Honestly its sound like there is some kind of infection going on anyways, won't hurt to try. I gave my fish M2 and 25% of the daily recommended melafix dose just to help will the open sores. Had no problem using them both at once. results were almost immediate. Also used stress coat water conditioner every pwc. that might of helped some with stress I'm sure but def didn't have any negative affects

If you do decide to use M2 make sure you keep bright lights away from the tank.

Wow alot when on in this thread while I was asleep!
Anyways what is the final answer as to what medication I should use? I have maracyn, maracyn two, paraguard, melafix, and pimafix (I like to be prepared)
Which on should I use? I am going to move my poor baby to a qt (her fin rot is out of control and the blood veins seem to be spreading) she is still not eating but her fins are not clamped at all. The white fuzzy stuff is gone.
O I also have aquarium salt if that would help anything

fishfanatic said:
Wow alot when on in this thread while I was asleep!
Anyways what is the final answer as to what medication I should use? I have maracyn, maracyn two, paraguard, melafix, and pimafix (I like to be prepared)
Which on should I use? I am going to move my poor baby to a qt (her fin rot is out of control and the blood veins seem to be spreading) she is still not eating but her fins are not clamped at all. The white fuzzy stuff is gone.
O I also have aquarium salt if that would help anything

Wallah!

I still don't know which of those many medications to use...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110705_102944.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_102944.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20110705_103030.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_103030.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 99
JC_Biggs said:
If it is septicemia, maracyn 2 is the way to go. you should of seen my goldie before the treatment. Its good stuff. Honestly its sound like there is some kind of infection going on anyways, won't hurt to try. I gave my fish M2 and 25% of the daily recommended melafix dose just to help will the open sores. Had no problem using them both at once. results were almost immediate. Also used stress coat water conditioner every pwc. that might of helped some with stress I'm sure but def didn't have any negative affects

If you do decide to use M2 make sure you keep bright lights away from the tank.

I took your advice I have dosed with maracyn 2 and 25% melafix. Every morning (before I add the medication I am going to do a 50% pwc.

Sleep tight my little friend :)

Edit: sorry my room is such a mess :D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110705_134355.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_134355.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Lol. Cool. BUT if that is your normal filter don't use that in your bucket. Just a air stone is all you need. The chlorine will kill the good bacteria in the filters and media before the conditioner can work. If its just an extra filter then your good. Hour he getsbetter and remember to keep the lights of f till treatment is done.

JC_Biggs said:
Lol. Cool. BUT if that is your normal filter don't use that in your bucket. Just a air stone is all you need. The chlorine will kill the good bacteria in the filters and media before the conditioner can work. If its just an extra filter then your good. Hour he getsbetter and remember to keep the lights of f till treatment is done.

It is an extra filter. And to block the light I covered it with a blanket

I would add some aquarium salt it won't hurt any and is a stress reducer and helps with bacteria infections (red gills sounds like a bacteria infection) just something I would do my self and if the fish isn't going regular witch I saw in earlier posts something about a bloated stomach try using Epson salt one tbsp per 10 gal and what does the poop look like? String,color any thing could help

thras said:
I would add some aquarium salt it won't hurt any and is a stress reducer and helps with bacteria infections (red gills sounds like a bacteria infection) just something I would do my self and if the fish isn't going regular witch I saw in earlier posts something about a bloated stomach try using Epson salt one tbsp per 10 gal and what does the poop look like? String,color any thing could help

Will ether of these salts work?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110705_164333.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_164333.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 67
That is the aquarium salt follow the instructions on that one for a stress reducer the Epson salt is found in the grocery store it is vary cheap only a few dollars and will last u forever u only need to add Epson salt if ur fish are having problems going to the bathroom

thras said:
That is the aquarium salt follow the instructions on that one for a stress reducer the Epson salt is found in the grocery store it is vary cheap only a few dollars and will last u forever u only need to add Epson salt if ur fish are having problems going to the bathroom

So the salt that I posed a picture of will not help my fish go to the bathroom? Is epson salt 100% aquarium safe?

I found this... would it work?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110705_170615.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_170615.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 78
Yes I use Epson salt on my discus when I see themHaving problems going to the bathroom

thras said:
Yes I use Epson salt on my discus when I see themHaving problems going to the bathroom

The container I have says Epsom salt is that different from Epson salt?

You won't want to use Epsom salt IMO but Kosher salt works fine. It doesn't have to be "aquarium salt".

FWIW I have been dosing my tanks with Prime and adding the makeup water back in immediately for going on 8 years now. Tap water is not going to nuke a tank's bio filter on contact.

severum mama said:
You won't want to use Epsom salt IMO but Kosher salt works fine. It doesn't have to be "aquarium salt".

FWIW I have been dosing my tanks with Prime and adding the makeup water back in immediately for going on 8 years now. Tap water is not going to nuke a tank's bio filter on contact.

Will kosher salt help with bloating? Or is it just a stress reliever? (I have API aquarium salt, for stress reliever)

fishfanatic said:
For the columnaris I am using maracyn two

Is maracyn two good enough? I am also doing 25% of the recommended dose of melafix (to help with the fin rot and any other open wounds. am I dosing with the right stuff? I want nothing but the best for my fish!

severum mama said:
I missed where the fish was bloated... I've never treated anything with epsom salt so I can't comment there. I thought you were adding salt as a treatment for possible columnaris.

I have used it It works well with discus that are constipated so it should work with the angels or any other fish

I Google imaged columnaris and I don't think that is what my fish has. It looks more like this picture (from the maracyn two instructions...

The gills are not red just parts of the fins have red veins in them and some of the body of the fish has the red veins

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110705_175424.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_175424.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom