Please Help me...Quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all again guys...It's been a while since I posted but all was going really well till last Saturday when my hubby came home from working 3rd shift and found the power strip to our tank frying... When he looked closer he found out that the power head cord of the protein skimmer was chewed through. And that we assumed fried the power strip out. Well our lights went out today and when we tried to figure out why we noticed the cord to one of our power heads was chewed to the middle too..... Any suggestions as to what is eating/chewing the cords? We really like our tank and don't want anything to happen to it. We have a yellow tang,a blue tang, lawnmower blenny, 2 clown fish, a phesudo(sp), and a royal grama and a couple of star fish and 3 pincushion erchins(I think these are the culprits) Please help us.....

We used to have rabbits that loved to chew insulation of power cords. I would guess at a mouse or some sort of rodent. Rat perhaps.

Lol! No what ever is chewing it is INSIDE the tank...all the chewing is done under the water line. Sorry maybe I should have been a little more clear. And anyway the only rats that are in my house are in a cage.( Yes I have pet rats) Along with a mini zoo. But the problem is inside the tank with whatever is doing the damage. Thanks I hope I cleared thing up a bit. Sue

Back
Top Bottom