Please help mmeeeeeee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bennstalk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Would I be able to get a pygmy sunfish in a 2.5 gallon aquarium that is heavily planted and cycled.

I would say no. Really, the only fish suitable for a tank that small is a betta. And, even then, that's a bit small for a betta. In the 2.5 you could also try shrimp or snails. However, I would say you could probably keep one in a five gallon if you kept up on the maintnance. I am not 100% sure, so I would wait for a bit of input from others.

If all you have is a 2.5 gallon aquarium, how do you plan to grow the live food required to feed the pygmy sunfish? Keeping a pygmy sunfish isn't like keeping a tropical fish. Most pygmy sunfish will only thrive if fed a varied diet of live food, which requires that you grow the food as well.

Let's just say. Anything under 5 gal would not be suitable for a "fish".shrimp yes, fish not so much. Basic requirements are just that. Providing something with adequate space to thrive is another. I'd wait until you can properly care for these sweet little sunnies
* nano Singles excluded. Badis, puffer, etc
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom