Please help! Whats wrong with Clementine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matratzac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just noticed this today...

my goldfish clementine (~3 yrs old) has a white bump above her eye and this big bulge on her left side... I have read everything I could to try to figure out the problem and she isnt showing the symptoms of alot of the diseases... its not red, it just looks like a tumor on her inside that buldges, but then she also has this growth right above her eye.
I have a 55 gallon, have never had ANY problems whatsoever.

Here are some pics, sorry they arent better but they are the best I could do.

I have circled the areas in question in each

clementine1ad5.jpg

clementine2pn3.jpg

clementine3bx7.jpg

heres the best pic:

pict0137dy7.jpg

no one has any idea?

now there is red behind the scales

I don't have any idea, but just wanted to say I hope they go away.
Good luck to you.
Clementine is very pretty.

It's kinda hard to tell from the picture. Does the area seem to be "open"? Spreading at all?

I would look into getting some antibiotics, perhaps tetracycline or maracyn-two. It could be a bacterial infection starting. That's my best guess.

Is the fish acting fine? All water parameters are good?

Now there is some reddish stuff appearing under the lump and white stuff is flaking off of it

For some reason when I saw the name of this post I knew that Clementine was a goldfish even before opening it. Perfect name for a goldfish.

It could also be internal parasites. Medicated food works much better than dosing the tank. Jungle labs medicated pellets are great. Aquarium products makes gel based medicated foods. That and mela/pimafix and clean water are your best course.

Apocalypse_Gold said:
For some reason when I saw the name of this post I knew that Clementine was a goldfish even before opening it. Perfect name for a goldfish.

It could also be internal parasites. Medicated food works much better than dosing the tank. Jungle labs medicated pellets are great. Aquarium products makes gel based medicated foods. That and mela/pimafix and clean water are your best course.
thanks, is jungle labs medicated food something i could find at any pet store or would i have to order it?

I have found it at most Petsmarts and Petcos, but it isn't always easy to find. It comes in a plastic blister pack that is usually hanging with the medications.

update for anyone interested:

I threw clem in a quarantine tank and started treating her with tetrocycline yesterday, she is already doing ALOT better.

Back
Top Bottom