Please help with food problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to petco today to get food for my albino Cory catfish and water conditioner. I usually feed my corys tetramin bottom feeder wafers. Petco didn't have them the only bottom feeder food they had was hikari tropical sinking wafers which was fine and all because it was just temporary until I get my regular wafers in the mail. I checked the ingrededants when I got home because hikari has a reputation for msg and sure enough there it was. So what should I do? The only other food I have is betta flakes and betta pellets which they eat whenever my betta misses a few but what would be better betta flakes and pellets or msg wafers? It'll be a while before I get my tetra wafers from bigals I'll order them next weekend and they'll arrive probably that week. So msg wafer or betta flakes and pellets? I also just found some wardley goldfish flakes, wardley floating goldfish pellets, and wardley tropical flakes. I'm thinking just feed them betta food because it's better than Msg wafers and wardley is low quality.And if I open the wafers I can't take them back and I'm really short on money. So what should I do?

I would consider anything made by Hikari to be a far higher quality food than anything made by TetraMin. Nothing to worry about at all.

Ok so just feed them the msg? And the tetra is more expensive for than the same amount of hikari I just use tetra because many people have reported illness from fish consuming msg.
I would consider anything made by Hikari to be a far higher quality food than anything made by TetraMin. Nothing to worry about at all.

I second JP's sentiments. Hikari is a good product. What you paid is a matter of your personal shopping choices. Where are these "many reports"? I'd like to do more research on it.

So... you're having trouble feeding and doing water changes and STILL think cycling with fish is a good idea?

As I have explain to pretty much every member on this forum it was not my choice to cycle with fish! I didn't have a choice! I planned on doing fishless cycling i even bought the ammonia but something came up and now I'm stuck doing fishless cycling I've got the water changing under control I bought buckets! And i don't think fish cycling is a good idea I'm forced to do it I can't do fishless cycling! I'm not familiar with msg all I've heard is it's bad and many fishes have gotten sick from hikari with msg I'm just trying to be safe and get your opionans! My personal preference is tetra I'm not saying it's better it's just my preference! So please stop critisizing me on every thing I do and every post I make telling me I don't know what I'm doing take them back I can't take them back! It's a long story and I've carefully researched about aquariums! So please stop the rude comments saying take them back and don't buy any until you learn how to keep fish! I'm not trying to be rude it's just frustrating explaining this to everyone. Thanks for your post I'm feeding them hikari for now but once my tetra arrives I use that.
I second JP's sentiments. Hikari is a good product. What you paid is a matter of your personal shopping choices. Where are these "many reports"? I'd like to do more research on it.

So... you're having trouble feeding and doing water changes and STILL think cycling with fish is a good idea?

so do you realise you have 5 diff threads on this forum in just the last 2 days and 1 from friday? nothing wrong with asking ??s but you can ask more than 1 ?s per thread. just make a list of ?s on 1 thread and ppl will answer them promply.

Sorry I just wanted make sure I was doing thugs right. And the question I thought of at different times so I made new thread I thought that was how a forum worked if it was about different things you put them in different posts sorry I will combine them into one post from now on.
so do you realise you have 5 diff threads on this forum in just the last 2 days and 1 from friday? nothing wrong with asking ??s but you can ask more than 1 ?s per thread. just make a list of ?s on 1 thread and ppl will answer them promply.

It's okay to make different threads. That way the people who know how to answer the title can click and answer. For example, I don't know anything about plants, lights or breeding, so I never click on those.

Also +1 for the Hikari, that's all I feed my fish.

Back
Top Bottom