Please help with ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJMS86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone has any idea what this might be growing on my LR? Took extra close up pics, so hopefully we can figure it out this time. Because recently the Blue Xenia attached to this same rock (close to where this " unidentified green button type" thing is) is receding. Blue Xenia has been doing great in tank, until about two weeks ago, not opening fully in one section, receding etc...
All parameters have been as stated in my profile (normal) as I keep a very balanced tank, by not having too much livestock...
BTW, the "freckles" are going away/fading on my clown. He never got sick or exhibited any other signs of stress, so def don't think it was black ich.
Thanks for the help with the ID !! :)

Attachments

• image-3321198094.jpg
    image-3321198094.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2393424794.jpg
    image-2393424794.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3487446148.jpg
    image-3487446148.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 99
Trachyphillia or lobophyllia maybe? Or an unimpressive skully. It should have a hard base. Feed it meaty foods. He'll grow nice for ya. Good find.

Looks to me like a cup coral with feeding polyps extended. Mine extend fully when tank has zero light. Try turning off the lights completely and see if it "transforms"...

Bonessurf said:
Trachyphillia or lobophyllia maybe? Or an unimpressive skully. It should have a hard base. Feed it meaty foods. He'll grow nice for ya. Good find.

Thanks for trying to ID my photo...I looked online at the first two corals you suggested, but I don't believe it is either of those. However, what is a skully? Is that a nickname ?

CaptainJugz said:
Looks to me like a cup coral with feeding polyps extended. Mine extend fully when tank has zero light. Try turning off the lights completely and see if it "transforms"...

Thanks for trying to help with the ID, however, at night, mine shrinks up to almost nothing, no polyps extended at all.

+1 to Bonesurf, looks like a Trachyphilia with its feeding tentacles extended, or a Scolymia.

Here is a picture of my acans in my 29 reef. Looks just like it to me.

img_2107083_0_3cc3069eb1ee6a4c6878ef5b769d6fb5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom