Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacqueline13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my mom bought this air pump/ filter thing at a garage sale for my 10 gallon tank to be. But... I don't know how to use it. I know that obviously the filter goes in the water but it has that clear tube attached to it and the other end is attached to the pump. So does the pump go in the water also or... How does this work?

image-2170807057.jpg

No - the pump doesn't go into the water unless you want to electrocute yourself and have the pump pump water.:cool:

Hi, the black thing stays outside the water :D The clear airline tube that is attached to the pump, keep it there. The other end goes onto the filter (there may be a tube that it goes into or a hole), then put the filter in the water. You could also attach it to a gang valve so you can control the flow (not required) and a check valve is recommended so that the water doesn't get into the pump and short it out. This video might help (it's for how to hook up an air stone to an air pump, but just replace your filter with the air stone):

Back
Top Bottom