Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pam is here

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm concerned that my acei has ick. He has a white spot on his anal fin. There are no other spots on him or any of my other fish. He is eating well and acting ok. If it's ick I don't want it spreading trough out my tank. What can it be? If you think it's ick can I use salt? Thank you

Personaly i would use salt before any medication. Paragaurd works really well but should be a last resort IMO. If its minor salt should solve your problem. Just be sure to do your water changes to get rid of the salt when it seems to be gone

Here is a pic of the fish. I'm not sure why it put up 3 of the same pics. Used my phone. Sorry

I asked about it on another site. They said it could be a egg spot...I don't know and I want to make sure my other fish don't get sick.

Thank you. To the naked eye it is white. What is a user pic? I took this with my phone. It don't look like salt. It's not round, it's like a little line of white. Not a circle. Thank so much I feel somewhat better. I was worried about my other fish also. Thanks again

I tried to get a better pic. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20120930_014205-1-2-1.jpg
    IMG_20120930_014205-1-2-1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom