Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superlazer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 black moor goldfish. One of them has developed a sudden weird white film on one side of his top fin. I'm new to aquariums and I dont know what's wrong. please tell me anything you know and even if you know what the disease is so i can research it. I am really worried!!

Thank you for your time

Welcome to AA!!!

The symptoms you are seeing are the result of high toxin levels- in your case, ammonia and what you are seeing are ammonia burns (the white film). Do you have a good water conditioner such as Prime? What size tank? Do you have any kind of means to test your water? Do you know your parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph)?

The best thing right now are water changes- lots and lots of them. Make sure the new water is temperature matched and properly conditioned. Please take a few minutes and read the articles below then ask any questions you may have!

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

http://www.myaquariumclub.com/goldfish-101-11174823.html

Back
Top Bottom