Please id asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bleu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429701150.641124.jpg

I found these guys on my new coral & did a 2 min iodine drip... Not sure if any got in my DT though. Are they harmful, what exactly are they, will it sting me? Will they attack my other starfish?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429701327.973766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like bristle worms. You don't want to get their bristles stuck in you. I don't think it stings but has a lot of bacteria or something. I have a few in my tank and they usually hide under or in the rocks. Other than being ugly I don't think they will hurt much. From what I've seen/read they will eat left over food and things that die in the tank. Beautiful starfish!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mini Brittle Starfish. Harmless little guys. They will get in your rock and you will see there arms sticking out from the rock often trying to capture food from the water column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated, harmless mini bristle starfish. They are filter feeders. The number of them will show what is going on in your water column too. If there is lots to eat, you will have hundreds of arms out feeding.

Back
Top Bottom