Please Meet "Bully Boy" - Your Not-So-Humble Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichliditisExtremitis

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is a 1280 x 960 pixel image of my dominant male "Bully Boy", taken with a Casio EX-Z50 digital camera. There is a debate regarding whether he is a Melanochromis Johanni, a Melanochromis Cyaneorhabdos, or a hybrid of one of these and something else. His regular horizontal bars appear faded due to his intense mating/breeding colors. He is the king of my mbuna species tank, and an absolute tyrant. He is currently about 3" long.

BullyBoy-07-Mag1.jpg

very pretty fish, i don't know anything about cichlids so i don't know which of the two he is so i can't help with the debate.

Do you remember what he was sold to you as? I have one that looks similar and he was sold to me as a Maingano which is the Melanochromis Cyaneorhabdos, but the stripes on mine are more distinct. I will try to get a picture tonight when I am home. I have read on line that there is a difference in the stripes in the face also but I dont remember what it was. Sorry to not be more help.

If you want the full story on how I came to acquire Bully Boy, please look in the Cichlid Discussion forum on this messageboard. There is a topic called "Bully Boy - The Full Story! You Will Gasp In Disbelief!".

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I will pass them on to the tyrant so that his ego will get even more inflated. He already thinks that he is God's gift to fish! :)

Back
Top Bottom