Please quick < pro? Con?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hardcore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello sorry everyone for being really short but i have a tank on hold please someone tell me the pro/con of a acrylic tank then a glass tank, thaNK

HARDCORE
CHEERS:wave::wave: LOL

acrylic is stronger and lighter than glass...on the other hand acrylic is more easier to scratch.

3 out of 4 of my tanks are acrylic...only my 10gal hospital tank is glass.

SO YOU THINK A 150 GAL acrylic TANK FOR $500.00 is a good deal come with eheim ecco , oak top and bottom, really beautiful looking,

if it's used, you can find better deals on craigslist. I've seen big acrylic tanks up to 200 gal. with stand and equipment for around $300.

I guess it depends how bad you want it :)

Only thing about acrylic is how easily it scratches. If you ever have sand or other substrate accidentally scratch the walls when cleaning, it could look like crap. Just need to take care with it...I've only had glass aquariums but I know people who have acrylic and it scratched easily on them.

Also, like i3k said, check CL for great deals. It's actually absurd how cheap people give their setups away for. Not complainin', though :-D.

I would base decision on the actual tank. If it has no scratches then go for it. But if it is used it is more then likely scratched. Acrylic can be nice because of bonding egdes. So it can look a little nicer than glass. But it will scratch and dull over time. I have all glass just because my friends acyrlic tank looks cloudy. It is 10 years old though. Hard to say which is better.

if it's used, you can find better deals on craigslist. I've seen big acrylic tanks up to 200 gal. with stand and equipment for around $300.

I guess it depends how bad you want it :)
its also different depending on area.... some areas its rare to find a good deal on tanks though cali seems like every week something good pops up.

Great comparison between the two, look at it real quick, states all the pros and cons!
firsttankguide.net/tanktype.php

Back
Top Bottom