Please say hi to Bugsy! 8-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! She's awesome... How long should I expect it to take for her to get a little more settled
in to her new home? She didn't even look at any food tonight during feeding time... But then again, my Springers Dottyback didn't eat it's first night home either...

Do you have a stock of Copepods in your tank? Is she trained to eat frozen? I trained my with a turkey basture (?), before I fed the other fish I would squirt some food down by where he was swimming. It took him about a week to be completely settled.

image-1578923328.jpg

Shes actually tank bred and has been eating frozen her entire life (which is why she was 3 times more expensive than wild caught lol)...

Hey! Thanks for checkin in... I had to bring Bugsy back to the LFS... She was getting real thin and wasn't eating even with spot feeding. The LFS said they will get her fat again (try to anyways) and if I want her back I can take her. They said she's eating like a champ, but is in a 12 gallon with only 1 other fish. I think there was too much competition in my tank... Thoughts??

That stinks but there hard fish to keep. I've read people getting them after like 2 years of there tank running and a over flow of pods in the sump and display tank as they graze all day. Yours was eating prepared food though right?

Yes frozen "Cyclopeeze".. They're basically frozen pods. The LFS said she was eating when they got her, and also now when they have her back. But not in my tank 8-(

Haven't looked into that Con, but she was captive bred... Which is why I'm so bummed about this... The whole situation is very humbling and is reminding me of my level of experience. Don't judge me please lol 8-(

Haven't looked into that Con, but she was captive bred... Which is why I'm so bummed about this... The whole situation is very humbling and is reminding me of my level of experience. Don't judge me please lol 8-(

Nah, has nothing to do with your level of experience. It happens. I've had scooters that I've seen with my own eyes eat prepared food at my LFS. I brought it home and it was gliding around the tank, looking happy and then one day he passed. I tried this 3x's.

So... It happens. It's one of those things. Don't think any less about yourself. And judge? I don't judge people, that's not my style....

Thanks my dude! It's just disheartening watching her get so thin! And of course since she was captive bred and "easier to care for", she was like 3 times more expensive than a wild caught... Just bummed all around about it I guess. And all this only a week after my Springers Dottyback went carpet surfing 8-(

Thanks my dude! It's just disheartening watching her get so thin! And of course since she was captive bred and "easier to care for", she was like 3 times more expensive than a wild caught... Just bummed all around about it I guess. And all this only a week after my Springers Dottyback went carpet surfing 8-(

Ah... The ups and downs of the hobby. You'll bounce back bro.

Back
Top Bottom